TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
CALIFORNIA: Cities of Auburn, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Gilroy, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, Santa Rosa, Morro Bay, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Calistoga, Sonoma, Cotati, Sebastopol, St. Helena, Vallejo, Lompoc, Santa Maria, Napa, West Sacramento, Healdsburg, Arcata, Blue Lake, Eureka, Ferndale, Fortuna, and Rio Dell; the Town of Yountville; and the Counties of San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Humboldt, and Sonoma
ILLINOIS: City of Evanston
WASHINGTON: Cities of Pasco and Richland
The Buske Group has provided assistance to these communities with regard to the transfer of ownership of their cable company. These transfers occurred while the franchise renewal process was underway in Monterey County, Monterey, Gilroy, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, Arcata, Blue Lake, Eureka, Ferndale, Fortuna, Rio Dell, Humboldt County, Pacific Grove, Lompoc, Santa Maria, and Evanston.
Tasks performed by The Buske Group included:
- Review the FCC Form 394 as filed by the original cable company;
- Review other associated documents (such as 8K filings with the SEC);
- Identify any franchise compliance issues not cured by the original cable company;
- Assist the City or County in securing cures for noncompliance issues;
- Draft transfer agreements that address the terms and conditions of transfer approval;
- Communicate with designated City or County staff regarding other ancillary matters (e.g., rate issues); and
- Draft a transfer of ownership resolution for action by the City or County Council/Commission.